Friday, October 25, 2013

You Are on God's Team - You can Go the Distance!


A carload of us went to watch my 11 year old grandson play football this week. As soon as the sun went down it got quite chilly! I admit I don’t know a whole lot about the game but I did learn a lot just because I wanted to know what my grandson’s position was and what he did in the game to help his team. One time he managed to tackle the runner in the opposing team and take him out of bounds right in front of us! Talk about exciting! I’m so proud of him.  My dad was a football fanatic and I know he would love to watch a grandchild play his favorite game.

He plays wide receiver and does a real good job at it. These positions are given to the boys who are usually the fastest pass catchers. I watched him set up to do that as well. Several times there were flags thrown and of course both teams got their share of flags. One on the opposing team was for pass interference which is a penalty that occurs when a player interferes with the other team’s receiver’s attempt to catch a forward pass. Pass interference may include tripping, pushing, pulling, or cutting in front of the receiver or pulling on the receiver's arms.

I will admit I don’t understand a lot about the game of football. But I know there are times I feel like my life has been penalized because of pass interference. I was going strong, going long and enjoying the catch when someone or some situation interfered with my play. I got knocked to the ground or pushed out of the way or got cut in front of. It’s no fun to be tackled or to be slammed out of the playing field altogether. Injury comes to my heart and my mind. If I’m not careful I will stay injured and quit the game altogether.

God speaks to our hearts: Give thanks because you are on My team! No one can snatch you out of the playing field of My life. No one can permanently damage your ability to go the distance with Me. Neither your sins, your regrets, your mistakes nor your enemies can make you a loser. No one, nothing, not a single detail of your life is without My loving care. I am full of mercy so that when an unfair play is called on your life I AM there to step in as Referee and I will have My way in your life. Team players need to know that I AM consistent, merciful, forgiving, redeeming, and more. I am not just the referee, I am the coach and the team owner. As long as you keep your eyes on Me I will give you touchdown after touchdown. Just don’t quit running, don’t leave the playing field and don’t get discouraged. Together we are in a Win Win situation –for My ways are the way of a champion. Look at My play book and take in the Truth about you, about the game of life and most of all about Me. I AM the Great I AM and all My plans will prosper that I planned for you before the foundation of the world.

Oh beloved, don’t stay down! Grab God’s hand and get up and keep running! Forget about the opposing team and just keep looking to Jesus for He runs ahead of you to block everything that is not of His will. God loves you and He’s for you and that’s what makes you a winner no matter what!

Psalm 3:1-4  Lord, I have so many enemies; so many are against me. So many are saying, “God will never rescue him!” But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; you are my glory, the one who holds my head high. I cried out to the Lord, and He answered me from His holy mountain.

Proverbs 24:16 The godly may trip seven times, but they will get up again. But one disaster is enough to overthrow the wicked.

Psalm 37:23-24 The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.  Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Psalm 119: 173 Let Your hand be ready to help me, For I have chosen Your precepts. (NAS)

I Corinthians 15:58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

 

 

No comments: