Sunday, October 27, 2013

Don't Venture Out into Your Troubles Alone


We had five wonderful visitors spend the night with us last night. From the age of 15 down to 2, they were delightful. Once they were all asleep I was ready to relax myself. Some were in the bed upstairs, some were on pallets and one was on the loveseat. After a while I decided to sleep on the couch where I could relax and yet hear every grandchild in the house.

We know that Caleb has already gone home in the night before, leaving the front door of my house wide open and walking through the night across the street to his parents’ house. So Danny installed a chain lock high on the front door as an added measure of safety. About 1:30 I woke up and saw Caleb walking around the living room whimpering slightly. I told him to come lay down with me on the couch. Well, after he was back asleep I got up and sat in another chair and to my horror the front door was open! He had tried to escape again, this time into a rainy, very cold night. As I walked to the door I saw that the chain had indeed kept him inside. I whispered a prayer of thanks to the Lord and my husband for putting that extra measure of protection for Caleb. None of the others have ever tried to go outside or go to their house but it was worth the trouble just for Caleb. We sure do love that boy.

God speaks to my heart about His extreme love and care. He wants to speak to your heart as well: Precious child, I am well aware that you are wide awake in the middle of the night at times, rehearsing your problems, resisting your calling, remembering your past or reliving  some rejection.  You may be in a stormy, dark situation at this very moment. Whatever you do, don’t walk away from My care. Don’t try to fix things yourself. Don’t wander but pick up My book of Truth and read about all My promises. I am here for you always. I am protecting you completely. I am working all those things out for My glory and your good. Stay inside the warmth of my love and wait until morning, for things will change for you in a moment, at just the right time.  

Lord, don’t let me walk out into the stormy night alone. Keep your chain of love secured and keep me locked in your presence. I don’t want to make decisions based on my own feelings. I may long for things I don’t need, but as long as you hold me tightly I won’t forget your extreme loving care. I may try to venture out in the dark but only You can protect me, guide me, and keep me safe all the days of my life.

God loves you beloved and He’s for you so you can trust Him to get you through the rainy nights as He works everything out perfectly just for you.

Isaiah 31:5 The LORD of Heaven's Armies will hover over Jerusalem and protect it like a bird protecting its nest. He will defend and save the city; He will pass over it and rescue it.

Psalm 57:1 Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy! I look to you for protection. I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by.

Psalm 5:11 But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them sing joyful praises forever. Spread your protection over them, that all who love your name may be filled with joy.

Psalm 4:8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

 

No comments: