Friday, October 11, 2013

You Are Created to do what only You Can Do


As Danny left early one morning for work I noticed a small brown smudge on the storm door.  As we prayed for one another at the door and he walked out he turned and bent down to inspect the smudge.  Turns out it was a little snail! An amazing little creature of God’s earth climbing on the clear glass. He was not afraid nor was he stopping.  He was a living animal, created by God’s pleasure to do what only a snail can do.

We are a lot like that little snail. At times other people we encounter seem only like a smudge. We give little thought to them or their lives. They seem so small to us, so insignificant, so useless. At times we appear as only a smudge. I mean really, we feel useless don’t we? We see ourselves as little slugs with a shell we can recoil into when life gets rough and we tend to recoil a lot. Sometimes people pronounce us as slugs. We are useless to them. We have become just a smudge on their horizon and in their view we are in the way. We may be flicked away like so much dirt.  We may have flicked others away like such a nuisance.

God speaks to my heart:  Things will happen. Little dots of trouble, trials, nuisances will show up in your view along the way. It is only upon closer inspection that you will find My purpose in that smudge.  While you just want to flick your trials away, I want to use them to further My glory in you.  While you too may feel like a snail on glass, you are actually a beautiful creation meant for My purpose alone and I have you steady in My hand as you travel My plan for your life. And even if you are flicked away by people or circumstances, I will not let you be crushed! You will not lose your strength or your covering for I AM your all in all.  Every single time you feel humiliated, harassed or rejected, I AM growing you to be more like Me, so that I can use you in even greater capacity.

Oh beloved, Trust God! Rejoice in what He says about you! Rest in His promises!  And thank Him that you are more than because He is a More Than God!  All things are in His hands, including you and your life and your calling. Don’t despair but look into the Lord’s wonderful face, where the things of earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!

God loves you, and He’s for you and that’s enough to give you purpose and peace.

Isaiah 25:1 O Lord, I will honor and praise Your name, for You are my God. You do such wonderful things! You planned them long ago, and now You have accomplished them.

Psalm 57:2  I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill His purpose for me.

Psalm 70:4 But may all who search for You be filled with joy and gladness in You. May those who love Your salvation repeatedly shout, “God is great!”

Psalm 138:8 The Lord will work out His plans for my life— for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for You made me.

No comments: